Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Lets talk about the box for a sec...




The industry clichés, a sign that times a changing but people ain’t…here are my favourite 7

1 “I hope this email finds you well…”.
Yes ‘cause ‘this email’ is attached to a pigeons neck that might p*ss off to a land far far away taking ‘this email’ with it.

2 “Wet the consumer’s appetite…”
You can pretty much be certain that the person who just uttered that sentence is probably going to contribute to your campaign being as noticeable as a fart in a jaccuzzi.

3 “Yeah hi, I just wanted to touch base on…”
Clearly a client with a lot on his plate

4 “Further to our telecommunication…”
A person caught using this should be taken out back and shot.

5 “We need to make it aspirational…”
Genius…pure genius.

6 "I'm just saying anything"
The ultimate dignity protector i.e If you think my idea is good then I'm saying something if not then remember that I was just saying "anything"

7 “Think outside the box”
Yes clearly by uttering that original and unusual proverb you have already thrown the box away…

Many thanks to S' for this posts inspiration.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Find herein.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We want something fresh!" is quite the common one

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog mate.

And thanks for linking my advertising and marketing blog

Here are a few phrase that make me feel like throwing my coffe mug at the speaker:

"Can we have three options for everything?"

"You want a brief for that?"

"The client made us do it."

3:34 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Farrukh! Big fan of your site!Loved the IAA cover you did by the way...
What brought you to this site?
Tracker?

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Make the logo bigger"
"Give us a creative route and a corporate one"
"Make it simple but creative"

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In light of your recent feedback

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home